© 2013 Taylor Manor Nursing Home. All rights reserved.
300 Berry Ave • Versailles, KY • 40383
Main Line: (859) 873-4201
Our History
In January of 1951, the Daughters of Saint Rita opened the original Taylor Manor Nursing Home. The home
expanded so quickly that a larger facility became necessary, and the present building was constructed in 1959.
The Daughters of St. Rita continued to operate the Manor for nearly two decades. In the mid-1970's, it became
apparent that the Daughters would no longer be able to maintain the nursing home. Versailles was then still part
of the Diocese of Covington, and Bishop Richard Ackerman asked the Sisters of St. Joseph the Worker to take
over the facility in 1977. In the years since, the Sisters at Taylor Manor have continued to provide long-term care
in what remains the Diocese of Lexington's only Catholic long-term nursing facility.